The Glow-worms series is the poetry strand of the Oxford Reading Tree. The books feature poems by well-known contemporary children's poets on themes that have been specially chosen to match topics that are relevant to children aged 4-8.
- are designed to be used to introduce poetry in the classroom
- are linked to themes in the Oxford Reading Tree stories, so can be used in conjunction with them
- use a core of high frequency words
- develop phonological skills through rhyme, alliteration and spelling patterns
- are illustrated in a wide range of styles to enhance children's enjoyment of poetry
Stages 1+-2 Titles (YR/P1)
Out and About Poems
Stages 3-4 Titles (Y1/P2)
Stages 5-6 Titles (Y1/P2 and Y2/P3)
Special Days Poems
Stages 7-8 Titles (Y2/P3)
Stages 8-9 Titles (Y3/P4)
Stages 10-11 Titles (Y3/P4)
Stage 11 Titles (Y3/P4)
Listen to John's Poems
Hint: The default volume is quite low. You may want to turn it up but make sure there are no Grannies with sensitive hearing in the vicinity.
Sean's Short Shorts.
Ten Dancing Dinosaurs
4 o'clock Friday
Hear John reading more of his poems in the Children’s poets section of The Poetry Archive at www.poetryarchive.org